Join our team in|
Algolia listed in Wealthfront’s 2020Career-Launching Companies!
Take ownership of your career
Algolia is looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive under autonomy and diversity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background. This is reflected in an equitable reward policy, professional development, flexible working conditions and parental leave policies.
What our employees are saying
The people. I work among the most caring and dynamic individuals who are relentless at improving themselves, their work and their contribution. Everyone has a different strength and we lend that to one another to help make each other better which naturally enables us to move forward and grow together. This is a rare dream for an individual contributor.
Ash PullaraSr. Account Executive @Algolia NYC
I love the sense of autonomy and impact I have. It gives me great satisfaction to be able to grab the proverbial bull by the horns, co-creating with a team full of some of the kindest, brightest, and most passionate people I’ve had the pleasure to work with.
Sepehr FakourManager, Solutions Engineering @Algolia SF
Joining Algolia is a career changer. Surrounded by trust and care, I can fully focus on delivering and growing.
Lyline LimEngineering Program Manager @Algolia Paris
I see examples of our core value Care all the time here; the people ops teams are proactive when it comes to making sure we are equipped strategically, emotionally, and physically every day through things like personal training sessions, meditation classes, and wfh upgrades. My teammates are also always willing to lend a hand or a kind word during times when someone needs it most.
Meredith BrandtSr. Demand Generation Manager @Algolia SF
I’m not going to mention the product, vision, cool office spaces, events, company trips, perks and benefits, and learning opportunities - what sets Algolia apart is its culture and values: the team is made of truly nice people with talent and it’s a pleasure to work with them!
Rossella BizzarriCustomer Success Manager @Algolia Paris
I love being able to work with my team every day here at Algolia. The people on my team energize me and are always supportive of each other which is something I really appreciate. Our Director not only trusts us to work on complex projects, but encourages us to work autonomously while always offering feedback or a helping hand when needed. This kind of support can be rare to find and I am so appreciative that I work at a company who values their employees!
Zoë MoriartyFront Desk Coordinator @Algolia SF
The most meaningful part of working at Algolia for me are the career opportunities that fast growth brings along. Algolia turns into a different company every six months, and change can be quite uncomfortable at times. But it also means working in a highly rewarding environment when it comes to learning and growing professionally, and that’s why it’s the best possible fit for me
Martin SalléAccount Executive, Enterprise @Algolia Paris
- Application Review/Recruiter Screen - Once we have reviewed your application, we will reach out to schedule a recruiter screen if there is a match between your experience and our requirements. This will be a casual conversation to find out more about your background, motivations and interests as well as give you more information about Algolia and the opportunities we have.
- Hiring Manager Screen - You will speak with the hiring manager or senior member of the team you are interviewing. Here we will ask more technical questions around your background to judge team fit and for you to find out more about the team you are interviewing with.
- Skills based Interview or Take Home Assessment - Depending on the role you are interviewing for, this stage may include:
- Take-Home test/Case study
- Live Coding interview
- Mock Call
- Virtual Onsite - This is the final round of interviews where you will be able to meet with future teammates and for the team to better get to know you. Depending on the role you may be asked to complete a systems design interview or present your take-home test followed by a culture and values interview which all candidates take.
- All interviews at Algolia are done remotely, make sure that you have a quiet place and a stable internet connection.
- Do your research on Algolia - our website and blog are there to help have a basic understanding of who we are and what we do.
- Our core values - Trust, Grit, Care, Candor, Humility - also play an important part of our recruitment process. Think about what these mean to you and how you practice them.
- Career focus - We will also provide you with documentation to help prepare you for any technical or career focused interviews so you fully know what to expect.
- Check out our blog to see most recent news and initiatives that our team is taking on
We aim to reply to everyone within 2 weeks. At that time a recruiter will contact you for potential next steps.
You can reapply to Algolia! We recommend you leave 6 months between applications for you to develop new skills and gain more experience.
We are hybrid-remote at Algolia. This is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee's impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for moments that matter: activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, the majority of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
One of our top priorities is the health and well-being of our employees and their families. We offer a robust and comprehensive program to meet each team members’ needs. Specifics vary by country and location, and our recruiters can give you more information.
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- 401k employer match in the U.S.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly company wellness days
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Unlimited snacks and beverages in offices
- Commuter benefits in many locations
- Mobile device subsidy
- Learning subscriptions