Customer Success Engineer
Algolia was built to help users deliver an intuitive search-as-you-type experience on their websites and mobile apps. We provide a search API used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries. Billions of search queries are answered every month thanks to the code we push into production every day.
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) serves as a designated technical contact and a trusted advisor to Algolia’s customers.
The CSE is the key member of the Customer solutions team, acting as the main liaison on a wide variety of client-facing technical topics, such as:
- Customer onboarding
- Ad-hoc service delivery
- Workshops delivery
Furthermore, the CSE ensures the resolution of complex issues with the full context and understanding of the customers specific product and technology environment.
By orchestrating reactive and proactive support across Algolia Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams, the CSE allows our customers to take full advantage of our offering.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF
- Act as a consultant on a variety of customers, delivering ad-hoc services tailored around their needs
- Scope, shape and present technical workshops to drive Algolia’s adoption
- Advise Algolia’s customers on the best technical and industry practices around search implementation and optimisation
- Work closely with your account’s Customer Success Manager to ensure the customer’s long term health through a world-class support experience.
- Work across the organization and escalate as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options.
- Partner with Product Teams and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to your customers.
- Develop, maintain and present comprehensive case status reports to customers on a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Proactively identify and work with the customer to resolve technical risks and bottlenecks.
- Provide guidance on how to optimize the use of their environment.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies
- Experience delivering technical workshops of various nature (training, knowledge transfer, implementation, code review)
- Strong desire to help people solve problems with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone and email channels
- Excellence in time management, task prioritization, and evaluation of situational urgency
- Travel to customers' locations may be required
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with iOS & Android platforms.
- Experience supporting open-source projects & their GitHub communities.
- Experience with Shopify, Magento, and Salesforce.com a plus
- French or Spanish speaking is a plus
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Note: Please protect yourself from job scams! Algolia's recruiting process never requires candidates to purchase products or services, to share personal and/or financial information during the interview process, or to download a third party app. Any legitimate role on a third party site will also be posted on our careers page. Please verify a role exists or apply directly at "website."