Edge - Lead/Manager
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Coach and mentor engineers to excel at their work and grow
- Hire and onboard engineers to build a diverse and excellent team
- Be a culture advocate within the company living by our core values
- Discuss with vendors and partners hardware release plans
- Grow and maintain Algolia's worldwide infrastructure
- Develop and maintain infrastructure automation systems and processes
- Perform capacity planning based on the growth and needs of the company
- Troubleshoot issues and outages related to the infrastructure
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of computer networks: TCP/IP, DNS, Internet
- Knowledge of Shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Knowledge of Go programming language
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Understanding of load balancing algorithms: Round-Robin, Power of N-choices, EWMA
- Full professional English proficiency
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours