Front-end Engineer (Industry Solutions Applications) - EMEA
StrategyParis | London | Remote
Algolia was built to help product teams deliver fast and relevant search in their websites and mobile apps with flexible resources & tools. We provide a hosted search API used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries. Billions of search queries are answered every month thanks to the code we push every day into production. Our tools allow product teams to focus on building great experiences without having to worry about maintaining their infrastructure.
This is an opportunity for someone to make an immense impact at a fast growing company. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
Do you like, or would you like to, craft open source code, tools and libraries for developers? Do you love to design a clean API solving real-world use cases? Then apply and let's chat about it.
Coming right from an engineer in the team : “As a developer, I use a ton of different libraries to achieve my goals of building applications. Now I can go to the next level and learn how to build tools for developers to build their applications. It's a whole different challenge, I do it in the open source world and engage with my users.”.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop open source templates for Vue InstantSearch, React InstantSearch, InstantSearch.js, Angular InstantSearch as well as JS API Client and so much more with the help of the team
- Implement new features, solve issues and analyze user's feedback on our popular open-source projects
- Coordinate with our product, design and marketing teams on the release of new projects and websites
- Take ownership, research, explore and deliver novel experiences
- Teach us what we don't know and how you want to improve the search and discovery experience
- Participate (new features, bug fixes) to other popular open-source projects related to our project needs
- Help define engineering best practices and processes
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working with Figma/Sketch/Photoshop to build Front-end integration
- You have created at least one reusable module (private or public)Experience with at least one of the following frameworks React, Angular, Vue.js or Ember.js
- A passion for shipping quality codeYou have an eye for great user experiences (UX)
- Willingness to go beyond what you know today
- Ability to interact with contributors and customers
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Overall we care about your current and future skillset. Not where you studied or who do you know. We care about what you like to do and about what you'd like to do in the future, at Algolia.
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions