Junior Software Engineer - Visibility
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work closely with the design team to create beautiful and relatable web experiences
- Integrate responsive and maintainable designs across all Algolia websites with accessibility, peformance and SEO in mind
- Maintain and update our library of front-end components
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Interest in recent frameworks such as React, Next.js, Gatsby, etc.
- Rigor in high code quality and other engineering best practices
- Strong interest in design and awareness of the latest trends on the web
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it.
- Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socialising and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours