People Operations Specialist
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds! Our People team is looking for a People Support Specialist who will be responsible for managing employee’s day-to-day questions, constantly improving process and documentation, and being a part of taking our People Support Help Desk practice to the next level.
The ideal candidate should have experience collaborating with global, distributed teams, and be comfortable driving People Operations best practices, processes and programs.
As a team member we are looking for someone who embodies our core values: someone with grit that the team can absolutely trust, who genuinely cares about our people, and who acts with candor and humility. Collaborating with a global team, you will be a strong communicator, empathetic and humble and comfortable with the unknown. We can guarantee a career journey that is filled with change and growth as part of being a core member of a global and evolving company.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Respond to tickets accurately and within the SLA. Tickets may include:
- Employee data changes
- New hires & terminations
- Report requests
- Promote employee experience and customer service when responding to tickets and building workflows
- Administrate US benefits, Leave of Absences, maintain exemption status accurately
- Have a mindset for process improvement, implementation, and documentation. We are constantly evolving our processes towards global efficiency and automation.
- Document all processes for internal training and external self-service
- Review data and run frequent audit procedures to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Be a trusted advisor on questions related to People Team policies, procedures, and programs, especially in regards to local compliance.
- Generate workforce reports related to headcount, attrition, and other data required by the team
- Collaborating on Payroll cycles with our Finance and Sales Operations teams
- Collaborate on People Team programs, including:
- Leave of Absence and Time Tracking
- Collaborate on the build of Knowledge Management System (KMS) & policy repository
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 4 years of prior HR experience
- Knowledge of US employment law
- Exposure to HR compliance
- Demonstrates the capability to independently handle regular business activities with a proactive and action-oriented approach
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, problem-solving, and judgment
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Note: Please protect yourself from job scams! Algolia's recruiting process never requires candidates to purchase products or services, to share personal and/or financial information during the interview process, or to download a third party app. Any legitimate role on a third party site will also be posted on our careers page. Please verify a role exists or apply directly at "website."