YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Design simple, data and research-based flows and experiences that delight our users
- Partner with PMs, engineers, other designers and stakeholders across the company to deliver products and features from conception to launch
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale verbally and visually to a variety of audiences (team members, your squad, company-wide, execs)
- Own the success or failure of your design work: validate your designs and initiate improvements
- Constantly seek and respectfully provide design feedback
- Help refine our processes and define best practices for design at Algolia
- 2+ years product design experience
- Experience designing and shipping digital products (not just websites)
- A well-rounded design skills set (including product thinking, UX, UI)
- Self-awareness and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- An appreciation for the entire product development cycle: research, problem definition, ideation, solution design, validation and iteration
- Strong communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Mindset focused on learning and professional growth
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior work experience on a highly technical enterprise product
- Experience working in Figma or Sketch in a team setting
- Passion for working collaboratively in a dynamic, international context
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours