Senior Machine Learning Engineer
- You will study and transform data science prototypes, research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools, develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- You will build end-to-end machine learning solutions to bring models from proof-of-concept stage to production.
- You will be dedicated to a small cross-discipline product team, with tremendous ownership and responsibility for guiding things directly.
- You will be an active member of an internal community, including data scientists, research scientists and machine learning engineers, sharing learnings, best practices and research across many domains.
- You will develop high impact solutions to support Algolia's AI ambitious growth plans.
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to recommending a solution and testing it in controlled experiments.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide AI initiatives.
- You will select appropriate datasets and data representation methods, perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results, train and retrain systems when necessary
- You will extend existing ML libraries and frameworks, keep abreast of developments in the field, designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems
- +3 years proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- B.Sc. (required), M.S./PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python is a must
- Strong engineering skills and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- Previously built, trained and shipped large-scale models on cloud services (Docker, AWS/GCP/Azure)
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between urgency and quality
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Ability to work in a team, being a team-player
- Willing and able to speaking at tech and industry conferences
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.