Tech Lead Front-end - DX Chapter
Your role will consist of:
- Architecture, design and develop new versions of Vue InstantSearch, React InstantSearch, InstantSearch.js, Angular InstantSearch as well as JS API Client and so much more with the help of the team
- Implement new features, solve issues and analyse user's feedback on our popular open-source projects
- Coordinate with our product, design and marketing teams on the release of new projects and websites
- Take ownership, research, explore and deliver novel experiences
- Teach us what we don't know and how you want to improve the search and discovery experience
- Participate (new features, bug fixes) to other popular open-source projects related to our project needs
- Be a technical mentor and help the team grow
- Help define engineering best practices and processes
You might be a fit if you have:
- You have created at least one reusable module (private or public)
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks React, Angular, Vue.js or Ember.js
- A passion for shipping quality code
- You have an eye for great user experiences (UX)
- Willingness to go beyond what you know today
- You like to help, teach and mentor your colleagues
- Ability to interact with contributors and customers
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Overall we care about your current and future skillset. Not where you studied or who do you know. We care about what you like to do and about what you'd like to do in the future, at Algolia.
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
Nice to have:
- You have built search and discovery experiences
- You have experience with npm, Yarn, webpack, Rollup, Lerna
- You have some UI design skills
- You are able to show empathy towards your colleagues
- You are a manager of one
- You are interested in native or mobile web platforms (react-native)
- We are not specifically looking for very active GitHub profiles (that's only a plus), we are looking for developers that know a bit and wants to create tools for others developers
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Open to remote from France and the UK
- Competitive pay and equity in a healthy startup
- Your choice of computer, phone, you name it: everything you need to be efficient and at ease
- Coaching and sponsorship to attend, participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including language learning (English/French), coding & more.
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked office and kitchens, team workouts, meals & happy hours