Technical Writer - DX Chapter
- We're looking for someone with excellent spoken and written English skills are required and a strong experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in documentation sites, blog posts, forums, emails, or other channels.
- We don't expect you to be an engineer, but you need to be comfortable with complex technical topics and make them accessible to engineers of different levels. Algolia is a technical product. You'll need to explain search features in various fields such as natural language processing, machine learning and artificial intelligence, but also maintain guides for our open-source front-end and back-end clients.
- You love taking complex concepts and translating them into a straightforward, engaging language without oversimplifying them. You're empathetic to different learning styles and experience levels and willing to find the sweet spot in catering to all of them.
- You're willing to mentor junior technical writers and help them grow. We're building a team of writers. As the most senior person on the team, you'd help juniors ramp up and develop their skills by providing guidance and giving them constructive feedback.
- You have experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours