Can I test my implementation in a sandbox environment?
Unless you are on a Business or Enterprise plan, we recommend that you use the same account and application for all your environments, generating new indices and API keys for each of them.
For example, if you have three environments (development, staging, and production), you can create three indices:
For each environment, you can generate API keys that can only access indices with specific prefixes:
To minimize the impact of testing and staging on your operation count, we recommend that you use a subset of your data in non-production environments. For example, you can test your staging environment with 10% of your records.
For more best practices, please read our guide on handling multiple environments in a single application.
Business and Enterprise Plans
If you have a Business or Enterprise plan, you can make use of our sandbox functionality. You can use the sandbox application in your testing pipelines.
This application is not covered by our SLA and does not have availability, performance, or consistency guarantees.
Depending on the terms of your plan, the sandbox may store up to 5 million records and perform up to 50 million operations per month.
- Business: 1 millions records, 5 million search and indexing operations
- Enterprise: 5 million records, 50 million search and indexing operations
If you want us to setup a sandbox environment, enable features (like analytics) on your sandbox, or need any other sandbox-related support, feel free to reach out to your Solutions Engineer, CSM, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about testing your applications, please read our guide on managing multiple environments.
Notes about your sandbox
- You can access your sandbox environment directly from your dashboard: click on the top left corner to list your apps, and then use the drop-down menu to access your sandbox app.
- Because your sandbox is a new application, you have to (re)invite your team members from the team page of the dashboard .
- Your sandbox does not automatically have the same settings as your production environment.
- If anything is missing from your sandbox, please contact your Solutions Engineer, CSM, or send us an email at email@example.com.