Is there a size limit for my index/records?
If you signed up for your plan online:
- 10 KB for Pro, Starter, or Free accounts
- 20 KB for legacy (Essential and Plus)
If you signed up for your plan with an Account Executive, please refer to your service order for your plan’s limits.
You’ll get the
Record is too big error if you try to index a record bigger than the limit.
There are three reasons for this limit:
- It increases latency: big objects with a lot of unnecessary information take a long time to be uploaded/downloaded
- In most cases, having bigger objects is a sign that you’re not using Algolia at its full capacity:
- Having very big chunks of text is usually bad for relevance, because most objects end-up having a lot of similar words, and they will match with a lot of irrelevant queries.
- It’s often better to de-duplicate big objects into several smaller ones
- The pricing for legacy (Essential and Plus) is based on your number of records.
If you need to search for bigger objects, and you are on our Enterprise plan or wish to upgrade your plan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can increase your limit but the best way is to structure your data differently.