Scout Extended FAQ
On this page
- 1. Why am I getting “Impossible to connect”, “Unable to connect”, or “Unreachable hosts” errors?
- 2. How can I stay up-to-date with new major versions of the framework integrations?
- 3. Why am I getting the “Record at the position XX objectID=XX is too big” error?
- 4. The php artisan scout:import command doesn’t index my models. What’s going on?
- 5. How to search in multiple models at the same time?
Why am I getting “Impossible to connect”, “Unable to connect”, or “Unreachable hosts” errors?
If you’re facing connectivity issues, here are some checks you should perform on your side before contacting our support team:
- Are you using the correct application ID and API key? You can find these credentials on your Algolia dashboard.
- Did anything recently change in your code or on your data center provider’s side? Make sure to check their status too.
- Using Firebase? The Firebase free plan only allows requests to other Google APIs. Because of this limitation, you can only use Algolia with Firebase if you’re on a paid Firebase tier.
If you’re unable to debug the problem yourself, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- API client and version (e.g., PHP API client 2)
- Framework integration and version (e.g., Scout Extended 1.9)
- Code snippet to reproduce the issue
- Error message or stack trace (if applicable)
- The Algolia index name with which you’re experiencing issues
- The precise timeline (in the UTC time zone of the event)
- Having trouble connecting to the Algolia API from your servers? Send us the link generated by the diagnostic script command on your impacted servers:
curl -sL https://algolia.com/downloads/diag.sh > ./diag.sh && sudo ./diag.sh ApplicationID
Ensure that you replace “ApplicationID” with your actual Algolia Application ID.
- Having trouble connecting to the Algolia API from your browser? Head over to community.algolia.com/diag/ and send us this output instead.
How can I stay up-to-date with new major versions of the framework integrations?
You can check out our changelog page.
Why am I getting the “Record at the position XX objectID=XX is too big” error?
You’re getting this error because there’s a size limit for records. Make sure you reduce your records and try again.
php artisan scout:import command doesn’t index my models. What’s going on?
It’s possible that the changes you’ve applied in your
config/scout.php file aren’t taking effect because they’re cached. Clearing the cache may fix this problem.
1 2 3 4 php artisan cache:clear php artisan route:clear php artisan config:cache composer dumpautoload
queue is set to
true in your
config/scout.php file, indexing jobs may be waiting to be processed by your queue worker. To fix this issue, you need to run your queue worker and wait for it to process your jobs. Another option is to set
false and index records synchronously.
How to search in multiple models at the same time?
To search in multiple models at the same time, we recommend using aggregators. Aggregators let you index multiple models in a single index.
To get started, please refer to the aggregators documentation.