Getting Started on Sending Events
On this page
Sending events requires integrating short snippets of code in your front-end components that correspond to your user behaviors. These code snippets leverage Algolia’s Insights API.
Once you’ve implemented Algolia Insight, you can benefit from Algolia with the following features:
- Dynamic Re-ranking – For first time users, leverage the insight of the crowd to promote popular items in the results.
- Personalization – For returning users, personalize the results tailored to their preferences. Personalization can be applied in the following parts of your website/app:
- Click and conversion analytics - For your business users, measure the performance of your queries and product listing pages.
- A/B testing – For your business users, A/B testing verifies the results of your relevance strategy.
You can send events to Algolia using:
- Algolia’s Open Source UI libraries (InstantSearch)
- Algolia’s API Clients
- Other Integrations listed in the next section
A REST API, called the Insights API, lies beneath these clients and has a single endpoint. For this reason, Algolia sometimes refers to these events as “Insights events”. Once you’ve sent events, you can validate that you are capturing all the necessary information using the Insights Validator and Insights Logs.
This is a three-step process.
- Plan the events to send
- Send the events
- Validate and debug the events
The following guides map the Insights API methods to various events throughout the eCommerce customer journey.