Coordinating and Planning Sending Events
On this page
Step 1: Plan the types of events to track
First, you need to determine the types of events that are important for your business. You can use these questions as guidances:
- What are the most important steps in the user journey in your business?
- What are the most important key performance indicators your business wants to optimize?
- Which events are most indicative of a user’s affinity and engagement?
Step 2: Track events related to Algolia results
For AI Re-ranking, Advanced Analytics, and A/B Testing, the Algolia engine uses only events corresponding to Algolia results to optimize the relevance. You should track events from users interacting with search results or items on category pages on:
- Product listing pages (search, browse, or home page)
- Promotional banners powered by Algolia
Step 3: Track events unrelated to Algolia results
Events that aren’t related to a user performing a search or browsing a category can be used to enrich user affinity profiles for Recommend and Personalization. You should send these events from:
- Recommendations on product pages
- Emails, Push notifications, and newsletters
- User preference settings
- Product listing pages not powered by Algolia