Sending events requires integrating short snippets of code in your front-end components that correspond to your user behaviors. These code snippets leverage Algolia’s Insights API.
Once you’ve implemented Algolia Insight, you can benefit from Algolia with the following features:
- Dynamic Re-ranking – For first time users, leverage the insight of the crowd to promote popular items in the results.
- Personalization – For returning users, personalize the results tailored to their preferences. Personalization can be applied in the following parts of your website/app:
- Algolia Recommend – Display recommendations on your website to encourage your users to expand their search and browse more broadly.
- Click and conversion analytics - For your business users, measure the performance of your queries and product listing pages.
- A/B testing – For your business users, A/B testing verifies the results of your relevance strategy.
Specifically, this section covers various implementation approaches on the following topics:
- How to use events and signals to enhance results.
- Which methods to use to send events to Algolia.
- Learn about connectors and integrations.
Getting Started on Sending Events
Learn the different methods and connectors to send events with Algolia.
Planning Events to Send
Plan and map the eCommerce customer journey to events and Algolia Insights methods.
Sending Events Using API Clients
Learn how to send Insight events using Algolia’s API Clients.
Sending Events Using InstantSearch
Learn how to send Insights events using Algolia’s Open Source UI libraries, InstantSearch.
Validating and Debugging Events
Learn how to validate and debug events using tools such as Algolia Insights API logs and Insights Validator Chrome extension.