1. Information Algolia Collects
Algolia may receive certain personal information which may include, among other things, your name, photograph, address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, bank information and other personally identifiable data (collectively, “Personal Data”). In addition, in the course of providing services, Algolia will acquire information regarding those services, including data relating to your transactions with Algolia. Algolia may also purchase marketing data from third parties about its customers and combine it with information Algolia already has to create more tailored products and communications.
2. Use of Personal Data
Algolia may use your Personal Data:
- To manage your access to the services provided by Algolia;
- To manage Algolia’s relationship with you, including the administration of contracts, orders and invoices (which may include access to your account, your usage data for support purposes and your billing data);
- To create a list of actual and prospective users and customers for products and services offered by Algolia and its business associates;
- To send promotional emails and other communications regarding Algolia’s products and services;
- To assemble statistics regarding the use of Algolia’s website, products and services;
- and To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
3. Restrictions on Use and Transfer of Personal Data
Algolia will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement.
Except to the extent reasonably required by law as determined by Algolia upon the advice of its legal counsel or as described in this Privacy Statement, Algolia will not sell, transfer, assign or grant access to your Personal Data to any third party. We disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Algolia may provide your personal information to any third party contractors and vendors, such as Stripe or Intercom, operating under Algolia’s direction who have an appropriate legal obligation to Algolia and who are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to help Algolia with its business activities.
If Algolia is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on Algolia’s website of any resulting change in the ownership or use of your personal information or any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Algolia may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
4. Data Security
Algolia will maintain appropriate and adequate security measures and policies designed to protect your Personal Data from disclosure to third parties. Algolia will promptly notify you as soon as is reasonably practicable if it discovers or suspects any security vulnerabilities or unauthorized access to the Algolia Services and will provide such information and cooperation as may be reasonably required to enable you to mitigate, remediate, and address such vulnerabilities, unauthorized access, or breach. In the event of an actual security breach, and at the recommendation of Algolia’s legal counsel, Algolia will issue a report at such time that describes: (i) the date of the security breach; (ii) a description of the disclosures involved in the security breach; and, (iii) the steps Algolia has taken to investigate the security breach, and mitigate potential harm. If your data is provided to Algolia pursuant to your agreement with an Algolia customer, you acknowledge that, except to the extent provided by applicable law, you will look to that customer for any liability regarding your Personal Data.
5. Data Retention
Algolia retains Personal Data during the term of your use of the Algolia website and services and one year thereafter except:
- Algolia may retain Personal Data for a longer period:
- to the extent required by law;
- as necessary or appropriate to protect Algolia’s interests, including as part of any actual or potential dispute
- Except to the extent necessary to support ongoing billing during the term of your subscription with Algolia, Algolia will not retain the account information for your payment for any longer than appropriate to ensure that payment is received, but in no event longer than is allowed by applicable law.
6. Consent, Right to Access and Correct
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: 55 Rue d'Amsterdam, 75008 Paris, France
You also agree that if you are located in the European Union, you and Algolia are bound by the Standard Contractual Clauses located at Algolia's Clickthrough Standard Data Clauses
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
7. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. Algolia uses technical cookies that help to make the Algolia website work as efficiently as possible; remember your login details; simplify your visit and enhance the dialog ergonomics.
As is true of most websites, Algolia gathers certain information automatically. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
If Algolia offers a newsletter and you choose to subscribe, Algolia will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving newsletters or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or contacting us at email@example.com.
9. Certification Program Language and Scope
In order to view Algolia relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through the website, www.algolia.com and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the website and through the service platform (www.algolia.com/users/sign_in).
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that Algolia has not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.