Install Algolia for commercetools
Connect your commercetools store with Algolia in a few clicks. Index your products and keep your product data in sync with Algolia without writing code.
The Algolia commercetools integration handles the data connection between your commercetools store and Algolia. To integrate Algolia in your frontend, you can use these UI libraries:
Before you begin
To connect commercetools and Algolia, you need:
- A commercetools account.
- A commercetools store with administrator access.
- An Algolia app with administrator access. You can create one for free.
Create a commercetools API client
To let Algolia interact with your store, you must first set up a new commercetools API client:
- Sign in to the Merchant Center of your commercetools project, to which you want to add Algolia.
- On the sidebar, go to Settings > Developer settings.
- Click Create new API client.
- Enter a name for the API client.
Select the API scopes for the new client. You need at least the following scopes:
- All items under the View column
- View API clients
- Click Create API client.
Copy or save the curl command. You need it to configure your commercetools integration in Algolia.
For more information, see Get your API client in the commercetools documentation.
Connect commercetools with Algolia
- Sign in to the Algolia dashboard.
- Go to the Algolia integrations page and click Sign in.
In the Algolia Application menu, select the Algolia app for your product index.
Paste the curl command for installing the commercetools API client to add details about your commercetools project to the form.
Enter an index name and select the commercetools store you want to index with Algolia.
In the Languages option, select one or more product data languages for your store.
- When you’re done, click Finalize integration.
When the setup is complete, you can choose when to index your products. Select:
- Yes, index now if you want to index your commercetools products now.
- No, index later if you want to index your products later.
You won’t see your products in an Algolia index until you trigger a full reindex.