Logging and Debugging
Sometimes, things don’t go as expected. As a developer, logs are a great way to figure out why things are not running smoothly. That’s why the extension has the possibility to enable logging. Logging can be turned on by navigating to Stores > Configuration > Algolia Search > Credentials & Setup.
Never turn on logging in production! It can create huge amounts of data and exhaust your server resources quickly. Logging should only be enabled during development to debug certain processes.
With logging enabled, the extension will create an Algolia log file in the main Magento log directory (by default, this is
The log will create information on the following events:
- Full reindex of products
- Rebuilding a page of products
- Loading products’ collection
- Indexing of a single product
- Indexing of a collection of products
- Beginning and ending of sending data to Algolia
- Beginning and ending of removing data from Algolia
- Beginning and ending of emulation
- Image loading exceptions that are thrown
- Miscellaneous errors and exceptions