Category pages are product listing pages that are already filtered on. The product listing page is a gateway to the product detail page.
With Algolia, you can create category pages for your Magento Open Source or Adobe Commerce store with:
- Flexible UI widgets. Algolia’s Magento 2 extension offers Price Range, Sorting, Pagination, Hierarchical menu, and Filters out of the box. You can easily customize the UI.
- Merchandising. Use the Visual and Manual Editor in the Algolia dashboard to pin, hide, boost, bury, and filter products, and create banners.
If you plan to use the API directly or build a custom front end for your Magento 2 store, see category pages for more information.
There are two steps to implement this solution.
Go to Stores > Configuration > Algolia Search > Instant Search Result Page.
Set Replace Category Page to Yes.
If you enabled Algolia for category pages, the following changes occur:
- During indexing, Algolia adds a new
categoryIdattribute for each record. This array contains all category page IDs for each product. You can use this ID to create Rules for category merchandising.
- Algolia powers all category pages using InstantSearch.
- When rendering the category page, you send an empty string as a query and the relevant categories as
facetFiltersin the front-end code during query time.