Take ownership of your careerLocations
The people. I work among the most caring and dynamic individuals who are relentless at improving themselves, their work and their contribution. Everyone has a different strength and we lend that to one another to help make each other better which naturally enables us to move forward and grow together. This is a rare dream for an individual contributor.
Ash PullaraSr. Account Executive @Algolia NYC
My favorite part about working at Algolia is the multitude of ways we partner with our customers to solve some of their most complex search and discovery problems. Our flexible, cutting edge technology and customer first mindset makes it possible to address even the most challenging of use-cases. Being able to deliver these outcomes for our customers has been incredibly rewarding and a great learning experience.
Mike DwyerSr. Account Executive @Algolia NYC
I love the sense of autonomy and impact I have. It gives me great satisfaction to be able to grab the proverbial bull by the horns, co-creating with a team full of some of the kindest, brightest, and most passionate people I’ve had the pleasure to work with.
Sepehr FakourManager, Solutions Engineering @Algolia SF
Joining Algolia is a career changer. Surrounded by trust and care, I can fully focus on delivering and growing.
Lyline LimEngineering Program Manager @Algolia Paris
I see examples of our core value Care all the time here; the people ops teams are proactive when it comes to making sure we are equipped strategically, emotionally, and physically every day through things like personal training sessions, meditation classes, and wfh upgrades. My teammates are also always willing to lend a hand or a kind word during times when someone needs it most.
Meredith BrandtSr. Demand Generation Manager @Algolia SF
I’m not going to mention the product, vision, cool office spaces, events, company trips, perks and benefits, and learning opportunities - what sets Algolia apart is its culture and values: the team is made of truly nice people with talent and it’s a pleasure to work with them!
Rossella BizzarriCustomer Success Manager @Algolia Paris
My favorite part about working at Algolia is the calibre of my coworkers -- I’d be hard pressed to find any other group of people as kind, smart, and pleasant to work with as my Algolia peers.
Elizabeth SankeySenior Product Manager @Algolia Paris
Our leaders. I am constantly amazed by our leadership team and how they care for and prioritize our employees, customers, candidates, and new hires. Not only does the team create clear and concise communication around each business decision but they always lead with empathy in what they do and genuinely care deeply about putting our people first here at Algolia.
Julia WrightEnterprise Business Development @Algolia Atlanta
I love being able to work with my team every day here at Algolia. The people on my team energize me and are always supportive of each other which is something I really appreciate. Our Director not only trusts us to work on complex projects, but encourages us to work autonomously while always offering feedback or a helping hand when needed. This kind of support can be rare to find and I am so appreciative that I work at a company who values their employees!
Zoë MoriartyFront Desk Coordinator @Algolia SF
The most meaningful part of working at Algolia for me are the career opportunities that fast growth brings along. Algolia turns into a different company every six months, and change can be quite uncomfortable at times. But it also means working in a highly rewarding environment when it comes to learning and growing professionally, and that’s why it’s the best possible fit for me
Martin SalléAccount Executive, Enterprise @Algolia Paris
- Application - You will receive an answer to your application, whether or not you are selected. As applications are increasing with the growth of the company, we don’t give a specific timeframe but it is usually managed within 2 weeks maximum. As we are an international company, all communications will be in English.
- Recruiter call - You will first have a chat with one of our recruiters to discuss about your background and motivations/interests. We aren’t especially looking for someone with an extremely specific experience but are aiming to understand why you’ve chosen Algolia, what you think you could bring to the company and if you understand our values and expectations on the role you applied to.
- Phone/Video call interviews - If the recruiter finds a fitting role, you’ll go through one video call with the hiring manager or someone from the team who will focus on your applicable skills and the situations you have encountered at work. It’s also a chance for you to find out as much about us as we find out about you. Sometimes, we might also ask you to go through a small live exercise but if that’s the case, you will be warned in advance.
- Assignment - You will be asked to showcase your expertise for the position through a technical assignment to do at home. There is not one single answer to those assignments. During the assignment review, we will make sure to understand the methodology around your work.
- Onsite Interview - We’ll arrange for you to visit one of Algolia offices. This will be a great opportunity for you to meet with future teammates, managers as well as other Algolians. The onsite is a moment when the hiring team gets to know you better and you get to know Algolia. Everyone at Algolia is involved in the recruitment process and takes an interest in your recruitment. In the end, we will gather the feedback of the teammates you met before sharing our final decision.
Either an up-to-date resume or a LinkedIn profile with your contact details so our recruiters will be able to get in touch with you.
Feel free to also share any other material that could be relevant for the position you apply to (Github profile, personal website, portfolio etc).
Simply by doing your research! We’ll expect you to have a basic understanding of what Algolia is : our website and blog are there for you!
In the meantime, it is also important that you understand the position you apply to so have a careful read of the job description and prepare examples that will illustrate how relevant your application is.
Our values - Grit, Trust, Care, Candor, Humility - also play an important role in our recruitment process. Please make sure you have read and thought about what they mean to you.
We work in a casual environment and we want people to feel comfortable so feel free to wear what makes you feel comfortable.
We put a premium on your skills, not your outfit.
- We aim to respond to everyone within 2 weeks. At that time, our recruiting team we’ll send you an email to explain to you what is the next step. If your application is a fit with what we are looking for we will schedule with you a video call screen with a recruiter. If it is not the right time we will also send you an email to let you know about our decision to not move forward.
- Of course. Usually we ask candidates to wait 6 months before applying for another role at Algolia. This gives you time to develop new skills and gain experience so that you can be successful in the interview process in the future.
- The best way to apply for a job at Algolia is through our safe application portal linked here. Our recruiters are able to pull your application from the portal and communicate with you through the same. We have become aware of scams involving false offers of Algolia employment and/or contractor engagements. The scams and false offers use imposter websites, email addresses, and Slack messages. None of these offers are legitimate, and Algolia’s recruiting process never requires candidates to purchase products or services, or process payments on our behalf, or to share personal and/or financial information during the interview process. Our recruiting team will direct you to submit your application through our safe application portal and communicate with you through the same.
Algolia's workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee's impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for moments that matter: activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.